The Work Plan

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Hanukkah


One of the things that I aim to do whenever possible is to expose the children to the diversity of our world. Since its Christmas time it is a great time to learn more about Kwanzaa and Hanukkah. This week I added a few Hanukkah related works that will definitely get them to ask me questions.

Today I will like to share the practical life works.

                                                             The Menorah Tray

                           
             This is how it looks when completed.

                    Folding Napkins with the Star of David.

                         Spooning symbols of Hanukkah.
I added this too because of the colors white and blue. Blue and White are the colors of the Tallit(prayer shawl) and the Israeli flag.

I have quite a few books that I will be reading to them as well. The symbols will be discussed and lots of geography and cultural studies will be done.

Linking to Montessori Monday 

                                               

8 comments:

  1. Just beautiful! Love all of your materials.
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful. I love the materials and I love that you are exposing them to all sorts of ways of life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to link up this post to your history/geography link up too. Phyllis, I always enjoy reading your kind words.

      Delete
  3. Great ideas! Thanks for sharing! Pinky has been asking me to do some activities about Hanukkah and these are a great addition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stopped by your blog too and I love the Star of David bead craft, I am adding this work on the shelf. Thanks so much for sharing your creativity.

      Delete
  4. These are wonderful! I love what you're doing to expose the children to diversity! I added your post and photo to my Montessori-Inspired Hanukkah Activities at http://livingmontessorinow.com/2012/12/10/montessori-monday-montessori-inspired-hanukkah-activities/

    ReplyDelete

Appreciate Your Comments