The Work Plan

Monday, November 12, 2012

Number Cups: Counting Dinosaurs

I was reminded of this activity that I have on the shelves that I haven't shared yet by this Montessori Monday post written by Deb at Living Montessori Now. Deb shares how she used Dinosaur Toobs in all sorts of inspired Montessori activities.

I didn't use the Dinosaur Toobs for this, because I have them on the shelf being used for other activities. Deb is hosting a giveaway for the Dinosaur Toobs and if you don't already have them, I highly recommend you get them if you happen to have a Dinosaur Lover in your life. I simply brought packages of Dinosaurs from the Dollar Store and placed them in our counting cups.

       I placed number stickers on the outside of the cups.

I added in counting strips that I downloaded from Playful Learning where I got the idea from for this work. The strip helps the child with one to one correspondence as well as putting all of the dinosaurs back into the correct jars while working on number recognition.

 I have the number cups for numbers 1-10 in baskets. Sometimes the children like to stack the cups in number order too:)

The children are really engaged in this work, they love to count dinosaurs. I am linking this post to Montessori Monday                                                                           

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Appreciate Your Comments