The Work Plan

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Gingerbread People Need A House

We have been having loads of fun reading and doing creative exercises around the Gingerbread Man theme. I knew it wasn't going to be long before the children wanted to make a Gingerbread House.

                            Stirring the icing
                                Spreading the icing
                             Unwrapping candies to decorate the house
  Time to put on all the special ingredients that makes this a house for a Gingerbread Man


We decided not to eat our houses but to continue to make a real big Gingerbread Village for our soon to be  big Gingerbread Man, that we hope won't run away when we take him out the oven at Our Gingerbread Party.I put together a few more works tonight to put on the shelves.

                               Pin punching Gingerbread Men

                                                                            
 O.K. this is going to be a fun number matching work. Unfortunately when I saw this on a blog I immediately printed it out. What I thought I did was become a follower of the blog (I always do this when I use someone elses' idea) and I thought I saved it in my favorites so I could locate the file again quickly. I have spent the last two hours trying to track down the blog and person who so graciously created this work and shared it for free. Please let me know if this is your work so I can give credit where it is due. Sorry! Please leave a comment if this is your work and I will gladly edit this post to link back to you.

The child uses the Gingerbread Men numbers and matches the number on the hundred chart and then colors in the number. There are enough numbers to create a new number. I used the number 69 in the photo for an example of how this is done. Once the child has created the number 69 they find it on the board and color it in. Pure Awesomeness!!
  I have the bowl on the tray that has the crayon and numbers in it with the papers, so they can just take the bowl and the paper to their work area. When they are finished they return the bowl to the tray making sure all of the numbers are still together and the crayon is in the bowl. The child knows when someone else is doing this activity when the bowl is not on the tray.                                                                                                                                                                                       
                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment

Appreciate Your Comments