The Work Plan

Thursday, June 30, 2011

PInwheels

Yesterday I gave a group of children a lesson in pinwheel making, it was truly a exciting time for them as they were very focused and loved the outcome. During the process I was able to learn more about the children. They are really visual and tactile learners. For most of them it was the first time making a pinwheel. Frustration was shown at times and I am learning to be able to leave the child alone to work it out. I am so glad I did yesterday during a couple of moans, they were happy to say "I did it, I did it all by myself!"

                                                        Folding.


     Preparing to push the pin to complete the pinwheel.


  All done! The picture of the steps of the pinwheel was used by all. They really appreciated the step by step picture directions.



                   Lil's proud moment of accomplishment.


                     Of course we had to outside and test them out.

                                                                      

1 comment:

  1. We also nade some pinwheels yesterday! wHAT A coincidence.
    hugs
    patty

    ReplyDelete

Appreciate Your Comments