The Work Plan

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Montessori Monday

We still have been very busy workers around here!  I love how it is becoming less of me and more of them during our work period. They love offering to give each other lessons, so cool !!

                                    Pouring water to a line.


                                 Independently reading with BOB books.


                   Folding blanket without any help after nap.



 Working with Pink Tower and Brown Stairs. On Fridays we join the toddlers for Show n' Tell and then the preschoolers work in the Toddler Room for about a hour. This picture to me speaks a thousand words. I did not actually see what was actually happening until after I looked at the picture. I especially like how without being planned or asked each toddler is paired with a prescholer and then there is a toddler who is paying close attention to the sensorial work.


            Matching objects by beginning sounds.


                                                                  Tracing circles.


                        Matching opposites.


                         Addition with the bead material.


Number Rods with Sandpaper Numbers. This is why I love taking pictures. I can see we need more lessons on handwashing. LOL. What is going on :) I swear I only wanted to take a picture of the Number Rod work!!

     
A proud moment for Andrew he completed the Binomial Cube for the first time in the box.


              Happy matching shapes with our Melissa and Doug puzzle clock.


                         A fun time on a rainy day playing Connect Four.


                       Matching leaves from the Botany Cabinet to the control chart.


                          Collaging a turtle shell.

To see other children learning inspired by the Montessori Method please visit One Hook Wonder for Montessori Monday.                                                                                                                              

3 comments:

  1. Great work! I love it! We seem to be more focused in work too! I hope this week goes just as well for you! Happy Schooling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of great work! I so enjoy checking your blog.....

    Blessings,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love revisiting your posts! I featured your collaging a turtle shell photo in my Montessori-Inspired Turtle Activities post at http://livingmontessorinow.com/2013/05/20/montessori-monday-montessori-inspired-turtle-activities/

    ReplyDelete

Appreciate Your Comments