The Work Plan

Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Very Busy Spider (StArt)

                                                                              
The kids are loving our studies about spiders. I read the book The Very Busy Spider by Eric Carle and they loved it! They remained attentive throughout the entire story. It is a favorite book of mine, and I was stunned by myself that I hadn't read this book to the children before. Yes, there are a lot of extension ideas involving this book. I decided that this week the children would make spider webs.


                                                                         The materials.

                                                                             
                                              First the children colored their rings with markers.

                                                                           
                 Next they took the piece of yarn and pulled it through the hole to begin spinning their webs.


                                                                                 
                                Last thing that needed to be done was tie the spider to the web.


                                                      Here is a close up of the art work.

                                                                                  

            To see other children creating art with storybooks for inspiration visit A Mommy's Adventure.

9 comments:

  1. We made those at a library event one time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the craft! I really need to start doing the art to go along with the books. Elle is really starting to have favorites and I think it would be pull the story together for her! Thanks for sharing! Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how these came out...I think Emily would really enjoy this project. Thank you for linking up to stART :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those turned out so great! Selena had so much fun when she made a spider web.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great project!!! So fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the little spider in the web. Looks like a fun project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We just checked this book out yesterday, but haven't read it yet. They did a great job on the craft. It looks like fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't tried threading or weaving with Red Ted yet, maybe it is about time... he prob is better than I think (how I regularly understimate them!!!)

    Maggy
    Kids Get Crafty
    http//www.redtedart.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice webs...I love the weaving and lacing, such a neat project and the kids look like they loved it!

    ReplyDelete

Appreciate Your Comments